The innovative Kingpin redefines the performance standard for Alpine touring bindings. The Kingpin’s unique toe and heel pieces are the culmination of years of R&D testing. Ease of use and best of all, great power transmission while on the descent mean that you can have a perfect day in the backcountry on the Kingpin. The latest version now includes a two spring toe based on the Alpinist technology. This safes 80g per toe without losing performance! The Kingpin offers tremendous walking and step-in comfort, wide drill pattern and XXL Power Transmitter for impressive power transfer. Including climbing aids from 0° to 13°.
- The climbing aid offers two positions with 7° and 13° which can easily be accessed with the ski pole, even in an unstable standing position. Integrated elastomer paddings dampen the impact reducing the irritating traditional “clack” and allow more comfortable hiking.
- Extra large power transmitters in the heel with reduced weight for minimum friction and maximum centering for the lateral movement of the heel.
- The revolutionary heel construction for the Pin Technology bindings features wide sole contact points to deliver the kind of direct, lossless power transfer more frequently seen in alpine bindings. The KingPin heel is also many times safer than traditional Pin Technology bindings.
- Carbon fiber reinforced material for improved stiffness and super lightweight. Anti Ice Pads in the base of toe to prevent icing in critical areas.
- Vertical and lateral individually adjustable release in the heel for improved release functionality.
- Rubber stop pad: Boot tip is aligned/stopped when stepping in. Wider step-in platform: Enlarged contact area for boot sole when stepping in. Easier step-in: Toe piece “snaps/clicks into the boot” with a lot less force required.