The Locator 96 covers all these bases, which is no small feat. The 96 mm waist quickly gets up on edge and bites hard on even the iciest sidehills, all at a weight that’s low enough for the biggest objectives on your tick list. The progressive shape and blended rocker lines make the 96 a versatile, confident performer in a variety of conditions from meadow skipping in hero snow to traversing refrozen sastrugi in the high peaks.
- EST Freeride Rocker - Fore body rocker and extra tip taper combine for optimized float in the soft stuff. Positive camber under foot with no tail rocker ensures edge hold so skis stay on rails when carving is the priority.
- Caruba Core - Our lightest wood core material creates the best uphill feel while retaining the power and damping characteristics required for descending the gnarliest terrain. This core makes no performance concessions in its quest to be ultra-light.
- 1.7 Lightweight Edge - Light and strong, this heat-treated edge minimally affects the feel of the ski to ensure a snappy, lightweight feel.
- Comp Series Base - Sintered UHMW polyethylene with added carbon creates our fastest base without sacrificing durability.
- Ti Binding Dampener - Below the binding, a sandwich of rubber and Titanal works to reduce vibration that otherwise chatters into your boots and shortens your day. The extra damping lets you ski bell-to-bell.
- Carbon Reinforcement - Carbon application to provide excellent energy rebound.
- AR Bat Tail Self Center Tail Clip Design - Backcountry = Bat Country with this tail clip zone built into ski that always keeps skins centered and secure
- AR75 Sidewall - Sidewall on 75% of the ski to allow for weight savings on tip and tail while maintaining ridgitiy and drive in the prime zone.
Dimensions: 126/96/116 | Radius: 20m @ 164cm
*Add Phantom Treatment for $100 and never wax your skis again! Learn more about Phantom here.