Meet the Atomic Hawx Prime XTD 120 CT GW. The line between all-mountain skiing and freeride touring is getting thinner. If you’re looking for a ski boot ready to do both, then this is it. Combining Prolite construction and the all-mountain capability of Hawx Prime with the touring ability of the Backland Free/Lock 4.0 ski-to-walk mechanism and Frictionless Pivot, this is a boot that does it all. Complete Tech inserts in both the toe and the heel allow for maximum touring binding compatibility. This XTD 120 model has a slightly softer plastic construction than the top-end XTD 130 model. The highly customizable Mimic Gold liner has a heat-moldable pre-shaped heel, ankle and tongue to exactly match your foot shape, as well as an Achilles Flex Zone for more comfort. Every mountain, one boot!
- Memory Fit – Advanced heat-fitting technology creates a fully personalized shell, cuff and liner in minutes. The key is Memolink, Atomic's special additive that improves the moldability and stretch of their plastics. Expansion can be up to 6mm forefoot width and up to 10mm ankle width, resulting in a permanent and complete anatomical fit in minutes. See your bootfitter for details.
- Mimic Gold Liner with Touring Flex Zone – This is a boot that feels right from the very start. The heel, ankle, and tongue feature a layer of supportive, heat-moldable material. After being softened in the oven, this material mimics the precise shape of your foot and hardens for a perfect custom fit.
- Energy Backbone – A reinforced, asymmetric backbone providing extra strength for powerful skiing plus enhanced lateral energy transmission for better edge grip.
- Prolite Construction – Instead of starting with a standard construction and cutting material away to save weight, Prolite does the opposite. It starts with the slimmest possible profile and then it builds up reinforcements in key areas where strength is needed.
- Free/Lock 4.0 – Next-gen walk mode design stays put when descending and allows outstanding range of motion while touring.
- Frictionless Pivot – Igus polymer bearings provide completely natural movement for effortless ascents.